These Cassava Flour Tortillas will be the best you have ever tried. Paleo, grain-free, dairy-free, egg-free and free of vegetable oils, these tortillas are quick and easy to make and easy to store. This recipe makes 12 perfect bendable tortillas that do not crack, split, or fall apart.
You can feel good about serving these Cassava Flour Tortillas to your whole family. We think they taste amazing, better than any other Paleo tortillas we have found in the store. If you are like me, you are constantly looking for a deal or sale on grain-free tortillas, and it is a very rare discovery. If you find a good deal please let me know. I’ve decided it is easier and cheaper just to make my own. Plus your kids will love using a tortilla press!
Take a look at my other Paleo Coconut Flour Tortillas recipe. It is made with mostly coconut flour and is Keto because it is very low in carbs. It does not contain cassava flour so is also starch-free.
- Combine all of the ingredients into a medium-size mixing bowl. Use your hands to combine into a dough.
- Preheat a griddle or large skillet to medium on top of your stove. No additional fat is needed for cooking.
- Form 12 little 1 ½-2 inch balls with the tortilla dough.
- Line the base of a tortilla press with parchment paper and layer an additional parchment paper on top of each ball before pressing.
- Press each ball flat with your tortilla press. Alternatively carefully roll out each ball with a rolling pin between two pieces of parchment paper.
- Place each tortilla onto the heated griddle and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until each begins to bubble. Carefully flip over and cook 3-4 more minutes until golden brown or desired doneness.
- Use right away or set aside for later. You can reheat these on a skillet or griddle for a couple minutes per side. You can also store these in an airtight container in the fridge for several days.