It’s definitely pumpkin season and I always get into cooking everything possible with pumpkin for a couple months before we are all tired of it until the next year. These paleo pumpkin muffins are nut free, low in sugar, and high in flavor. This makes a large batch, which allows you to freeze at least half to pull out for lunches or snacks as needed.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place 36 mini muffins liners or 18 regular sized muffins liners in the muffin pans.
- Mix the wet ingredients and ground flax seed together in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Let sit for 5-8 minutes to allow the flax seed to get sticky.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients, remembering all of the spices
- Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin liners with a spoon.
- Bake mini muffins for 22-24 minutes and regular muffins for 26-20, or until a toothpick come out clean.
- Let cool for 1 hour before eating or they may be crumbly.
Makes 36 mini muffins or 18 regular sized muffins.